July 10, 2011

I went to Paradise Dynasty a few days ago, Aster wanted to try the colourful xiao long baos and I practically will eat anything colourful so I went along. 
 Eight different flavours. Mainly original(white), crab roe(orange), cheese(yellow), garlic(gray), sze chuan(pink), black truffle(black), foie gras(brown) and ginseng(green). 
.
.
I would say my favourite is the original one and the cheese one. Not much of the cheese taste but it was pretty obvious that it was slightly saltier than the original one. 
.
Aster's favourite is the crab roe one. It was pretty good, I must say. 
 The others were generally okay. 
But the ginseng one was horrible! The fact that we both hated ginseng was a huge factor. And the smell and taste of it was overpowering to us, we had to drink our soup to down the xlb. 

Sze chuan one was pretty alright to me. It was slightly sour and spicy, just right for me but Aster couldn't take it. She said it was too spicy for her. 

The garlic xlb came off at first too garlicky for my liking. However, as I munches on, it was pretty good! The taste of garlic slowly fades away and you could taste the broth which was sweet with a hint of garlic in it.

Foie gras one was normal. We couldn't even tell what flavour it was. I had to google it. And I was anticipating to eat this the most ): 

We didn't like the black truffle one. The combination didn't work well for us. It was the last one we had.

 I had the signature pork broth la mian as well. 
It was awesome! 
Doesn't look appetizing at first but it was very flavourful.
One of the best I've had! 
You could probably tell from the blur picture that I wasn't keen on taking nice pictures, edit it and all. 
Go try it! It was fantabulous! LOL

Aster had some beef lamian in sze chuan soup? I didn't like it, the taste of raw beef was very strong but Aster love it! She loves the smell of raw meat and wants to be butcher lor! 
And I came home to these! 
Haven't had them in a long time. 
Dad went to M'sia just to get these chee chong fun for me. 
Char siew and prawns inside! 
<3 my Dad la!!!!!

No comments: