June 18, 2011


Okay guys, I know it seems abrupt and all, I adopted a new hamster. 
I know, how did I manage to get over Happy so soon right? 
I didn't. 
I honestly think that Happy is a very sick hamster with a lot of health problems and her mother should not be used for breeding in the first place. 
But since I got to know about Happy, I chose to bring her home to give her a better life and it is inevitable she will leave me. 
She still has a place in my heart and always will, my very first hamster. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
So, I was trying to sell away Happy's things on a hamster forum and I was fucking pissed there are a lot of buyers but they are all haggling like a water bottle I bought for 14 bucks, I'm selling for 6 and people are still bargaining for 5?! I mean what the fuck, it's just a fucking dollar?! So I got irritated and decided not to sell anymore. Mind you, this wasn't a one off incident, it happened like four more times. I did sold off my orange cage and quite a few items before this shit comes along though.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And on this forum, there is an adoption section so I went to have a look. 
On that day, the very first post was Sassypeachie's. 
7 hamsters were abandoned at her void deck IN RUNNING BALLS.
Seriously, what the fuck man?! No cage, no food, no nothing. 
And four of them were even squeezed into one running ball! This is sick! 
So, this lady and her husband took them home and tried to get people to adopt them and I didn't know what I was thinking, I e-mailed the lady to express interest in adopting one hamster. 
And I never bother myself with the breed/age/gender and all. I don't care. I just told the lady just any one will do. 
She chose a female one for me. There are 5 males and 2 females. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
Met up with the lady and she's damn cute 
"Hamster ah?" she asked me at Redhill station. 
She cut out a small box, put some food and bedding inside for the hamster and put the box in a paper bag.
When I looked into the box, she looked up at me, I knew I've made the right decision. 
I thought she was sleeping in the first place, she was just sprawled across the box, not moving at all for the next 40 minutes. 
But I still brought her home.
Then I realised, MY-HAMSTER-GOT-TRAIN-SICK! 
hahahahahaha, so cute! 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Set up her tank when I got home and put her in. 
She bluff me! 
I thought she was shy and docile, turned out she's very fast and won't stay in a single place for long!
But she's very sweet though. 
I gather she is not an adult hamster. 
She is small, skinny (about half the palm size) and has tons of energy in her!
.
.
.
.
.
.
I name her, Haha. 
Typical Cass' naming, lol. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
My brother asked me why this hamster's eyes so big. 
I told him they are not big, it's just that Happy's blind so he doesn't know how a normal hamster's eyes look like. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
Through Haha, I got to know more about Happy's illness and just how sick she was. 
I look at Haha's bright,healthy eyes and I compared it to Happy's her bloodied, closed eyes. 
Haha could climb up the green and pink house. Happy couldn't.
Haha has the speed and energy to run around. Happy didn't.
Haha loves running on the wheel. Happy couldn't, her legs.
I got emotional knowing how much Happy missed out in her life. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
Haha was really excited in her new house. 
She was running all over the place (still is, 8 hours later), trying out all the hideouts and she pick the tiger one in the end.
I felt a tinge of sadness because that was Happy's favourite too.
Moving on, her favourite thing to do is running on the wheel. CONFIRM. She has been running since 8pm! 
And she's quite the devil. I stuck suction cap at the back of the wheel so that she won't push the wheel around and she managed to get the suction cap off! 
She's sooooo busy now, in fact, I took a video of her activities. She's got the speed of a robo!
You know, the very fast kind. 
.
.
.
.
 Enough said, I'll show you her. (:

 When she looked up at me. 
 Set up her tank.  I got cat litter bedding this time round. I had wanted to get back the healthy pet bedding but they were really dusty and I got worried. 
 I might have actually gotten myself a photogenic hamster, lucky me!
She just stays there for me to take picture, suppose by now you should know why I fell for her. 
 She looks like she's longing or waiting. Haha, so cute!
Took a video of her to show just how hyper she is. 

No comments: